January 12-13, 2017, Biola University
The Task of Dogmatics
The theme of LATC 2017 will be the work of theology itself: the task of dogmatics. We are inviting theologians to speak programmatically and prescriptively about how Christian theology is to be done.
Our plenary speakers will be:
- Michael Allen (Reformed Theological Seminary, Orlando)
- Henri Blocher (Faculte Libre de Theologie Evangelique, Vaux-sur-Seine, France)
- Katherine Sonderegger (Virginia Theological Seminary)
- Scott Swain (Reformed Theological Seminary, Orlando)
- Kevin Vanhoozer (Trinity Evangelical Divinity School)
- John Webster (University of St Andrews, UK)
To receive updates on the conference by e-mail, sign up in the sidebar of the Schedule page.
“The Los Angeles Theology Conference is an exciting new venture. It not only provides high-level theological discussion for people on the West Coast. At the same time it also makes a signal contribution to revitalizing interest in the kind of classical theological themes that are essential to the future of the church. Its proceedings promise to be a standard point of reference in the years to come.”
—George Hunsinger, Hazel Thompson McCord Professor of Systematic Theology, Princeton Theological Seminary
“The first LA Theology Conference was a smash. Lectures and panel discussions were of the highest caliber, accommodations and the management of the conference were superb, and it all took place in sunny Southern California, proving that good weather and good theology are not incompatible. May it be the first of many big hits.”
—Peter Leithart, President, Trinity House, Birmingham, AL